‘Dessine moi un mouton‘ is a program I have put together using French nursery rhymes (les comptines à mimer), videos & music (la séance cinéma et musique), flashcards and books (la lecture) in order to introduce the French language to young children.
- create a bond with the new language
- provide a foundation for later learning with a specific program (Pour commencer… = to start with) which will allow to learn the greetings, numbers, colors and more through songs and story telling.
- learn through play-like activities
- the younger the learner, the better they are at mimicking new sounds and adopting pronunciation
- cognitive benefits
- children who grow up learning about languages develop empathy for others and a curiosity for different cultures and ideas
- in later years, career opportunities increase for those with additional languages to offer
I thought your combination of song handouts and corresponding songs on the iPad worked very well as it worked on both the visual and listening skills of the children. The songs you chose were nice for little children (and for adults) and they enjoyed watching the animated versions.
Toddlers are a very difficult age group to keep entertained, and they all have their days when they don’t behave so well. However, I thought your manner – being very bright and encouraging – ensured that this happened very little. So well done to you! The flash cards (with colours etc) also worked well. I am amazed at how much Beatrice has continued to remember (eg her colours and some of the songs).
Trudi & Beatrice
French Nursery Rhyme time
For more information on how to book your weekly Nursery/School visit please contact Salèha by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 07515 893 352.
- DBS checked